Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wallpaper...please go away!!!

Hello friends!
So... Andy and I are cross eyed from tearing down wallpaper all weekend...and lucky us there are still a couple rooms to attack. I have no fingernails, some people are smiling at the fact that my pinky nail has no hope of growing while we are in the renovation mode. My mom covered 2 rooms with Kilz primer and Andy and I are trying to get the rest of the house ready to cover with Kilz. I've told some of you but the only thing, if anything, that was holding us back from buying our house is that the people in it were smokers. When you take the border off the wall and there is a distinct line, you know there is a problem. Or when you remove a shelf, mirror, picture and it is the only semi-white spot in the room...nappy!!! So anyway, what I was getting at is when I was tearing down wallpaper in the master bath, I could smell the smoke coming off the walls...I really hope the Kilz works! We have lots of work to do...but we are enjoying it and we are so thankful for our new home. I cannot wait to see Mabry running around in our yard! Andy will get a lot done Wed-Fri because the Mabes and I are going out of town. We are headed to Natchez, Mississippi for my 90 year old Grandpa's wedding!!!!

Love to you all!

:-) L.A.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

i LOVE your house you guys! post some pics of the "cleaning up" process i would love to see your house transform!!

if you happen to be in indiana for the holidays-we will be here! give us a shout!