Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11, 2010

So I had a dream last night that I was in the Amazing Race. I was working on a challenge putting a puzzle together with food, I remember I was working with egg yolks...why are dreams so weird? I also remember my partner (girl, not sure who) wouldn't do the next challenge it was one of those roller coaster simulator things, anyway so we had to bake a cake. Then I ended up helping one of the brothers (thats on the show now) with his cake. RANDOM. THE BEST PART OF THE DREAM WAS THAT MITCH WAS IN IT!!!! When we were putting together the food puzzle, I turned around and saw Mitch dancing/playing in the line with Leah, Ricky and Theresa. He was wearing his Fox t-shirt and khaki shorts. I could see his face so clearly, I didn't want the dream to end.

I miss him so much. It is so painful still (6 years, almost 7) that he is not here. I want Mitch and Andy to hang out, the girlies to tackle and chase their Uncle Mitch, I want to call him when I am sad, and when things are just normal. I want to go visit him and check out the 7 boxes of cereal he has set out for me that morning, I want to drink coffee with him. I want to hear how much he loves the mtns. I want to meet his kids, my nieces and nephews. I want to pray for our families together. I want to run a marathon with him. I could go on forever. Selfishly I want all these things, but he is at peace. I TRULY believe that with all my heart. He would not want to come back to this broken world. I know without a doubt that he is with Jesus, and that gives me the peace I need to keep moving forward. He lived for Christ, it showed. I pray I would have faith like his. I think of Mitch when I read this verse: Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith." Hebrews 13:7

Revelation 21 (Mitch's new home)
1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." 5He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
6He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

Mitch has overcome!

I love and miss you bubby!

6 comments:

Darby said...

I'm soaking wet from my tears... you little stinker! You know what I wish... I wish I had known him. THe amazing man that you call your Bubby!!! My heart is so sad for you that you don't get to do all these wonderful things and share your precious angels {& husband} with him. What an amazing and courageous faith he had... one that you KNOW impacted others for the kingdom of heaven! I love you, wish I could hug you, wish I could take you out for TCBY. I love you forever my precious friend... consider yourself hugged VERY VERY tight and not let go of for many many minutes!!!

Jill said...

I. LOVE. YOU. This made me bawl.

Glad you got to see Mitch though and P.S. I think I was your partner- you know with the whole egg "yoLk" thing? haha!

Rachel said...

You should share that on Tuesday, I think it is relevant. Thank you for writing this dream down, I never remember my dreams and I love that you got to see Mitch in your dream. It made me cry too. You are so sweet L.A. and you have amazing faith too!!

Beth said...

Very touching, L.A. Thinking of you today!

Dickinson said...

Oh...I don't even have the words to share with you. My heart is truly hurting for you right now. But I can say you do have and exemplify his faith. You too have increased the Kingdom by your example and service to others. Greg and I were in Sedona hiking and both were thinking of him and how much he would have loved to be doing it too. We miss him so much too. I wish I lived close to you so I could be there in person whenever you needed an extra hug. Love you!!! And miss you!

Mom-of-Bean said...

Funny, I thought of him this morning before I checked your blog. Not coincidence I know. I knew him so briefly and without much depth to it, but reading your thoughts makes me appreciate even more that I knew him at all here on earth.
You are a good sister.