Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mabry's First Ballet Recital


Do you ever feel so overwhelmed with love for your children that you could physically BURST??? I do quite often, from simple silly (or serious) sentences, to praying for certain people/things, to my baby's (I mean big girl's)first dance recital! This special little Ballerina about put me over the top! Preciousness is how I would describe my 3 year old dancing in her first ballet recital. Grinning from ear to ear I videotaped her rehearsal and then enjoyed the recital with no technology (technological?) distractions- it was wonderful!

Mabry's first response to her costume was, "mommy can I take this off now, it is too crunchy?" She didn't have to put it on again until picture day and then the rehearsal and recital. She was wonderful, did not complain a bit about the "crunchiness!"

She had lots of love coming from the audience. She had her mommy, daddy and sissy, Levi and Ashley, G-mommy and Ralph and Gigi and Poppa. Quite the crew. I was disappointed not to get any photographs with the grandparents, but she was tired and slightly overwhelmed by all the excitement.

The ballet program is amazing and I am so pleased with our first ballet experience!!!



:-) L.A.

2 comments:

Jill said...

so stinkin' precious!!

The Spicer's said...

I love the crunchy comments! You are so right, she is truly precious!