Saturday, August 18, 2007

To Finish is to Win!

We did it! Andy, Ashley and I finished our first ever sprint triathlon! We drove up to Huntsville Friday afternoon to visit our good friends Levi and Ashley Perigo... Uncle Levi and Aunt Ashley. After a long drive with Miss Mabes we arrived just in time to hang out a bit, read through our race packets and get pumped up about getting up at 5:00 am. Let me remind you my friends that we did not really train. We were on a roll for a little while but then got busy....needless to say when we arrived to the starting line we became a bit nervous. Ashley took off in the third heat while Andy and I followed in the fourth heat. Mabry and Uncle Levi hung out and took pictures. We all had our strengths and all felt like we had jello arms for the swim. This tri was backwards run, bike, swim rather than swim, bike, run. I had so much fun and definitely ready to sign up for another one! The rest of the day has been so much fun...it always is with the Perigos. After the race we went to Fleet Feet (with our coupon from the race) and I got some nice sunglasses for work. Then we cane back to the house and showered and chilled! Mabry has been a sport all day. She has been a little busy body... CRAWLING! It is a scoot with a couple of crawls...so cute! We are so proud of our little athlete. We just got back from a trip to Dicks Sporting goods and a Starbucks treat from Target. Tonight we look forward to pizza and hours of Wii. Hope everyone is having an incredible weekend. Please pray for me as my kids come on Monday. I am a bit nervous and sad to leave my little Mabes. She did have a great first week in the nursery, she loves all the action from the "big kids."

Adios for now!

:-) L.A.

1 comment:

Jill said...

We missed you all this weekend! Glad you had fun! Much love- Popester